Friday, June 19, 2009

SlideShare and Creative Commons

Today I uploaded all the presentations that I have held at tech conferences over the years to SlideShare. (At least those that were in a reasonable format. I was a user of DocBook Slides in the early days, which produces HTML, which you can't upload to SlideShare.) That was quite a trip through history for me; 6 years of traveling, meeting people, pondering ideas.

I have also gone through and licensed all presentations and this blog under a Creative Commons license. For various reasons I chose different variants of Creative Commons for different bits, but in the future I plan to mostly use the CC-BY variant, which is much like the BSD license in spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peter,

    Its great to see more and more people uploading their presentations to file-sharing services like SlideShare.

    Also take a look at Docstoc.com - you can upload your presentations there and we have now introduced "DocCash" where you can make money off the documents you upload through Google AdSense.

    Check it out at http://www.docstoc.com/doccash/

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at aregb@docstoc.com

    Thanks again,

    Areg

    ReplyDelete